Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lawn Art

 Gnarly grass, unable to be mowed regularly because of mower difficulties.

I love mowing the grass.  It's like meditation for me.  Putting on headphones, smelling the chlorophyll, singing lyrics at the top of my lungs in an attempt to drown out the mower engine.  Getting crazy looks from cars passing by as I dance behind the lawn mower.  It's all beautiful.  Oh yeah, and imagining up designs to cut into the grass--probably the most fulfilling part.

So far this year, mowing has been a hard-pressed chore.  The lawnmower was broken, so I was having to borrow mowers from family members, hauling them around in my trunk whenever they needed them back.

 The repaired mower, and the first cuts of the design.

Kudos to my roommate, Erik, for finding someone who welds to graft the handle of our mower back to the body.  Now, I am fully operational with an arsenal of designs in mind waiting to be cut.

 About half way done...


Here's the first installment...A Sun-scape if you will...Enjoy!

An ode to the summer...grass mirroring its source of life.


View from the rooftop.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the art! I see that you have put so much effort to finish the mowing this way. Well, it doesn't matter how you finished the job, as long as you are happy with the result. You must have done it the right way, if you feel satisfied with what you accomplished. Are you still maintaining this lot?

    Lawn Barber

    ReplyDelete