Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks...Goodbye...Hello

It's 3:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.  I'm sitting in what will soon have been my bedroom for the past five weeks.  I'm showered, partially dressed and prepared to leave promptly at 4:00 a.m. to go to the Quito International Airport.  From there, I fly to Houston, where I'll surely be bombarded and suffocated by the torrents of Thanksgiving Day travelers and forced to drink no fewer than three alcoholic beverages while waiting to board my plane to Cleveland.  Then I'll be home.  And this experience, physically, over.

I'm keeping this brief.  I just wanted to say thanks to all my friends, my family, my teachers back home and my new circle of friends and family in this diverse and intricate pocket of the world I've spent the last five weeks.  Your support, encouragement, kindness and love have given me strength and motivation in many ways...to pursue adventures like this one, which is coming to an end, and to seek out others in life, so I never become a dull, boring bastard.  That is what you all do for me...keep me young and satisfied.

And I hope in some crazy way, I return the favor, that our relationship is symbiotic.

So thanks, once again, everyone, for everything.  Goodbye Ecuador...for now.

Ticking and tocking till...hello Ohio.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment